Recruiting: Operations, Finance & Business Support Assistant
Our team is growing due to the growth of our business.
Operations, Finance & Business Support Assistant
Going forward, the business sees 2 people fulfilling the below scope:
– 1 will have a majority finance focus and reports to the Accounts Manager but will be expected to support Ops if
required during peak workload.
– 1 will have a majority operational focus and reports to the Operations & Business Support Manager but will be expected to support Finance if required during peak workload.
Both positions are anticipated to straddle both operations and finance, over time will enable seamless coverage across both. We have 1 assistant in place, so are currently looking for 1 other to join the company in this capacity.
Operations & Business Support Assistant
Work with the Operations & Business Support Manager to:
- Support the operations sequencing for live and upcoming jobs, ensuring projects status and delivery success criteria are maximised effectively and efficiently to ensure absolute deliver and execute to business requirements.
o Co-ordinate with the Project Managers to ensure all requirements.
o Scheduling and communication of engineering resource (internal and subcontractors)
o Updating engineer calendars with all necessary info to do the job and communicate.
o Responsible for checklists (Returns; Equip on hire; Deliveries; Training; Equip Calibration;
Subcontractor etc) to ensure they are accurate, complete and all necessary actions taken.
- Provide support to Ops & Business Support Manager in driving performance including effective time recording and vehicle / equipment tracking.
o Ensure installers/engineers are following processes including time recording and that is accurate and checked / approved.
o Ensure vehicle and equipment are well managed and actions completed.
o Ensure all tickets and training is up to date. Support in assessing training requirements and options.
o Ensure any issues raised by Engineers are dealt with appropriately (project escalations should be worked with in conjunction with PMs)
o Ensure MS Teams are used, and all information is up to date.
- Support the staff to ensure there is effective time recording and ensure daily/weekly checks and updates are made and communicated in line with company policy.
- Develop and deliver operations support to the Project Managers, ensuring all process and activity support is delivered on time to meet project timescales as defined by PMs / Engineers.
o Materials (including Ordering, raising PO’s and Delivery tracking)
o H&S requirements
o Handover Packs completed accurately and on time for submission to end clients.
- Support material and inventory controls are in place and work with others to ensure processes are followed and effective.
o Ensure goods received are appropriately recorded and charged to projects.
o Ensure excess materials are returned to Arisaig stock (physical and system) for future jobs.
o Ensure that faulty materials are returned to suppliers for credit.
o Support the annual PI (Physical Inventory) and ad-hoc stock counting each year and investigate any variances.
- Support as necessary other key business support areas, including:
o Responsible for company administration
o Support work to ensure the HQ Arisaig facility is well maintained and run including capturing and closing out necessary actions.
o Managing telephony system and dealing with incoming calls and enquiries
o Liaise with suppliers to optimise and manage procurement.
o Focus on improving operations processes – look to deliver efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
o Support the work to develop and improve business KPIs.
o Drive the use of MS Teams to increase organisation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ad hoc projects and support to meet needs of business including Finance team support.
Work with the Accounts Manager to:
- Operate the finance software package (currently Sage) to carry out finance processes and procedures to enable the company to produce accurate management and statutory accounts and reports.
- Complete account reconciliations & ensure working papers are up to date & accurate.
- Operate the Accounts Payable process, including processing of supplier invoices (including CIS, VAT, supplier statements, supplier queries and ensuring supplier payments are made on time).
- Operate the Accounts Receivable process, processing all customer applications, retentions, and invoices in a timely manner. Ensure payments received on time & deal with any queries. Manage debt & dunning process.
- Manage & post various financial journals including timesheet costings, expenses, inventory reallocation & others as required.
- Support the payroll & expenses process as required.
- Support the credit card costing process.
- Support the cash flow process as required.
- Support any HMRC tax requirements and reconciliations / payments including PAYE, NIC, CIS and VAT
- Process payments and support the reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Support the production and development / reconciliation of reports to support the business and FD.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure finance control and queries are upheld and dealt with.
- Ad hoc projects and support to meet needs of business including Operations team support.
- Co-operative, customer focused and positive team player with a good helpful attitude.
- Proactive, problem solver and self-starter
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to analyse and challenge data when appropriate to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Full Clean UK driving licence with own transport essential to get to Arisaig.
These are full time (40 hours per week) employed Positions, Salary dependent on experience, Company pension scheme and Bonus scheme available for the right candidate.
If you would like to apply for the position, please contact Tamela Moir at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.