We’re Recruting – Electrician (Solar Engineer)
Our team is growing due to the growth of our business.
Absolute Solar & Wind Ltd is an established renewables installations company headquartered in West, Central Scotland. It is a friendly, fast growing, dynamic business focusing on commercial scale projects for Solar PV.
We have a requirement for experienced and fully qualified electrician covering Solar PV installation & maintenance at locations throughout UK. You will be tasked with the installation of solar PV systems on mainly commercial scale projects, Maintenance and repairs on Commerical PV sites.
PV experience is required. You should hold the following qualifications:
• Deliver PV installations and deliver all electrical requirement on projects. in-line with Absolute brand values (Trust – Quality – Contemporary Technology). This can be all electrical and panel installations (Ground and Roof mounts). Perform maintenance and repairs on commercial PV sites. Need to comfortable working on roofs.
• Carry out site surveys
• Site setup and act as site supervisor on installations
• Liaise with Project Manager and be the face of Absolute in dealing with the customer on site / report any
• Ensure all H&S requirements are met and followed (Follow RAMS etc)
• To understand and complete all work-related documentation / site reports accurately and on time including
• Deliver a quality job in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ad hoc requirements and projects to support / meet needs of business.
• Fully qualified Electrician (5years+ post qualification) – 18th Edition.
• Excellent knowledge of wiring regulations and certification.
• Ability to perform system inspection & testing to BS 7671, commissioning, and handover.
• Experience in the renewables/energy sector preferable but not essential (practical knowledge of modules, inverters, DC wiring and monitoring systems. City & Guild 2372/2399 or NICEIC Solar PV would be preferred but not essential).
• Knowledgeable with site H&S requirements and understand current legislation.
• Fault finding skills essential
• Proactive, problem solver and self-starter
• Co-operative, customer focused, positive attitude and a team player
• Stakeholder engagement and management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible – will need to work flexible hours and overtime to meet deadlines / callouts and to work away from home
• Full Clean UK driving licence with own transport essential
• CSCS / ECS / SSSTS / SMSTS / Trailer licence preferable
• Works exclusively with Absolute
• Role primarily based at customer sites throughout the UK and will involve travel.
• Hours of work are 8am to 4:30pm Monday (2:30pm Friday), it will be necessary to work out-with these hours at key times.
• While office practice is to work within recognised business hours, the role requires this person is contactable at any time considered reasonable.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) employed Position, Salary, and benefits dependent on experience.
If you would like to apply for the position, please contact Tamela Moir at (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your CV.